TSB01272017 - GROUNDING OF SHIELDED CAT5e

**TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN**

GROUNDING OF SHIELDED CAT5e

This bulletin provides information regarding a specification change to the required CAT5e cable for connecting the Bell camera to the GRIDSMART Processor.

Please review the attached Technical Service Bulletin for a full description. 

If you have any questions concerning this TSB contact GRIDSMART at 1-866-652-5347 or Support@GRIDSMART.com.

pdf

Russell,

I know you were very busy that morning and in and out of the training session so perhaps you missed it, however, as I stated in the training session on January 23rd at your facility our best practice is to attach the Drain Wire to the Ground Terminal in the EPM.

If the technician uses a Ring Compression Terminal (Ring Stakon) on the end of the Drain Wire then the risk of grounding the Gas Tubes in the EPM is reduced.

Yes, the same procedure should be followed for The Advance Camera.

Please don't hesitate to call me if you have any other questions.

Tim

Does it matter where we ground the drain wire when using the SMCH-3 ? Does it need to be done in the EPM? We have been crimping a butt splice on the drain wire in the cabinet and going to ground instead of taking the chance of the bare wire hitting the resistors in the EPM. Also this way the CAT5e will be long enough to reach the CPU in the event we need to by pass the EPM .

How bout when using the advanced cameras? Does the drain wire need to be connected and do the advanced cameras require a EPM for each camera?

Login to post a comment